Bake Affair's baking mixes have been developed so that anyone can make their own pastries at home without needing special baking skills. Make your own fine Striezel from the best Austrian ingredients and spoil your friends or family with a breakfast treat or accompaniment to tea or coffee!
- Place the coarse sugar mixture in a separate small bowl.
- Vegan version: warm the oat drink (see the milk line in the can) and 80 g vegetable fat in a saucepan until the fat dissolves. Let it cool down to lukewarm.
- Classic version: lightly heat the milk (see milk line in the can) and 80 g butter in a saucepan until the butter dissolves. Let it cool down until it is lukewarm and stir in an egg, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the lukewarm mixture to the baking mix and knead well for about 4 minutes (or use a mixer).
- Cover the bowl and let the dough rest in a warm place for 30-60 minutes.
- Knead the dough well again, shape as desired and cover. Then let it rest in a warm place for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven (electric 190 ° C).
- If desired, cut the dough into small rolls with a sharp knife or scissors.
- Vegan version: brush with water
- Classic version: coat with an egg-milk mixture (mix 4 tablespoons of milk & 1 egg yolk).
- Sprinkle the bread or rolls with the coarse sugar.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 15-20 minutes, remove from the baking sheet and let cool for 10 minutes.
|Traces of: ||A - Gluten |
|Meta Information: ||Baking Mixes |