Bake Affair Organic Stick Bread / Baguette Mix
For making bread around the campfire
- Makes 500 g of bread
- Just add water
- Organic wheat flour and yeast mixture
Imagine sitting around a campfire on a mild summer night, toasting delicious stick bread! This mix makes it easy to make the dough on the go and also offers the possibility to bake French baguettes from the vegan, palm oil-free mix that's made with organic wheat flour and dry yeast.
For 3 stick bread or 2 baguettes (500 g in total) you need:
- 1 baking mix
- 220 ml of water
- For stick bread: 3 matching wooden sticks
Resting time for the dough: a total of 60 - 120 minutes
- Stick bread: 10 - 15 minutes over the embers of the campfire
- Baguette in the oven: approx. 10 min at 230 ° C + 15 min at 190 ° C (electric)
- Baguette on the grill: approx. 20 min at 230 ° C (indirect heat with a closed lid & ventilation slide)
How to make the mix:
- Pour the baking mix from the can into a large bowl. Fill the can up to the 220 ml mark with lukewarm water. Pour the water over the baking mix and knead by hand or with a mixer.
- Cover the bowl and let it rest in a warm place (approx. 24 ° C) for 30 - 60 minutes until the dough has risen nicely.
- Knead the proofed dough briefly on a floured work surface (preferably with floured hands, as the dough is a bit sticky). Then shape the dough:
Stick bread: Divide the dough into 3 even pieces that you shape into approx. 40 cm long rolls. Wrap the dough in a spiral shape around a stick and gently press the ends of the dough together.
Baguettes: Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and shape them into the typical, elongated baguette shape (approx. 20 cm long).
- Cover the dough and let it rest again for 30 - 60 minutes. In the meantime, you can preheat the oven or the grill to 230 ° C or just enjoy the romance of the campfire.
- Stick bread: Hold the wooden sticks about 20 cm apart over the embers and turn them regularly so that the bread is baked evenly on all sides. After approx. 10-15 minutes, the stick bread should be golden brown and crispy.
- Baguette: Score the baguettes several times on the surface with a sharp blade so that the steam can escape easily. Then brush or spray them with a little lukewarm water. Bake the baguettes in the oven for 10 minutes at 230 ° C and then reduce the temperature to 190 ° C. Bake them for another 15 minutes. On the grill, bake the baguettes directly on a wire rack for about 20 minutes at 230 ° C.
|Nutritional Information||per 100 g|
|Energy Content / Calories||1407 / 336 kjs / kcals|
|from Saturated Fats||0,2 g|
|from Sugar||1,2 g|
How to Make the Organic Stick Bread (German Text)
Christmas Tree with Pesto & Camembert made from Organic Stick Bread Mix (German Text)