Berghofer Mühle Ancient Bread Baking Mix (Anniversary Edition)
- Mildly nutty taste
- Uniform medium brown crust
- In a pretty linen bag
To celebrate Berghofer Mühle's 175th anniversary, Liane Berghofer and her team have created special baking mixes.
Crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside! This baking mix consists of special ingredients like Austrian regional flour and fine bread spices such as caraway, anise and fennel. The flavour of the brad is nutty, mild and tastes great with savoury or sweet spreads.
- Only yeast and water have to be added to the baking mix.
- Packed in a linen bag
- Bakes about 1kg of bread (baking weight)
- Mix 440g lukewarm water in a large bowl with yeast (6g dry yeast or ½ cube fresh yeast).
- Add the baking mixture and mix briefly with a wooden spoon.
- Bread machine: Kneading time: 5 minutes on slow, 3 minutes on a more intense setting
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and let it rest at room temperature for approx. 30 minutes.
- After the rest period, shape the bread dough into a loaf and place it in a baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Then leave the dough covered for another 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven (e.g. convection to 230 ° C).
- Once the oven comes to temperature, place the bread tin in the oven.
- Spray the bottom of the oven with water in a spray bottle to ensure that a good steam is produced.
- Baking time approx. 10 minutes at 230 ° C, then continue baking at 180 ° C for approx. 40 minutes.
- 10-15 minutes before the end of the baking, take the bread out of the tin and bake without it.
- After baking, the bread must sound "hollow" when tapped on the underside.
- Let cool on a kitchen rack and then enjoy.
|Meta Information:||Baking Mixes|
- Roggenmehl T960
- Weizenmehl T700
- Weizenmehl T1600
- Roggenmehl T2500
- Whole Grain Rye Flour
- Starterkulturen 
- Caraway Seed
|Nutrient Content||per 100 g|
|Energy Content / Calories||1298 / 310 kJ / kcal|
|thereof Saturated Fatty Acids||0,3 g|
|thereof sugarS||1,5 g|