CauCawa 72 % El Cibao Chocolate
An honest dark chocolate
- Fair trade
- From the Dominican Republic
- Fruity taste
- Highest quality
To make this dark chocolate, cocoa beans from ÖKO Caribe farming cooperative, sugar and a little cocoa butter were combined and ground for 46 hours using a stone grinder.
The word "Cibao" means "rocky land" or "land where stones abound". The Taino people have given this name to the mountainous region where this cocoa was grown. Today, the fertile valleys and plains along the Cordillera Mountains are one of the best cocoa growing areas in the Dominican Republic. 180 families from the farming cooperative ÖKO Caribe grow top-quality organic cocoa in this region.
The Cibao chocolate can be characterised by notes of red fruit that remind us of the green valley where the beans grow. A hint of coffee is also present in the flavour.
- Origin: Dominican Republic, Duarte region, Cibao Valley
- Cacao descent: Amelando, Trinitario, Criollo & Nacional
- Taste: red fruits & a slight coffee note
- From an organic farm
- Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free
- Fair: The cocoa beans come from the Corpoteva cocoa cooperative, offering fair prices to the local farmers.
- Conching time: 46 hours
- Time between the harvest and storage: 4-6 hours
- Fermentation: 6 days
- Made in Austria directly from the cocoa bean (bean to bar) together with a top chocolatier
|Origins:||Central and South America|
- Cocoa Beans
- Cocoa Butter
Cocoa: at least 72%
|Nutritional Information||per 100 g|
|Energy Content / Calories||2311 / 552 kjs / kcals|
|from Saturated Fats||24 g|
|from Sugar||28 g|
Questions & Answers about CauCawa 72 % El Cibao Chocolate
Piccantino UK Shopping Highlights
Free Delivery to United Kingdom from £42.90
1 free sample with every order
Secure Payment using SSL Encryption Technology