Basil's leaves are used fresh or dried. Basil epitomizes the Italian-Mediterranean cuisine. It seasons pestos, Insalata Caprese (a salad with tomatoes and mozzarella), Margherita pizza and pasta.
Basil originated in Western Asia, but was brought by the Romans to Italy and has been used in the Mediterranean for ages. Today, basil is used worldwide and is a popular garden spice.
see Anne Iburg "Dumont little spice encyclopedia", Eggolsheim, Dörfler Verlag GmbH
Products with Basil
- Spicy-peppery taste
- Intense odor
- Classic Mediterranean spice
- Lemony and fresh
- Italian flavor!
- balanced in flavor
- The finest pumpkin seed pesto
- Fine basil flavours
- Refines pasta and rice dishes
- Gently dried
- For Mediterranean cuisine
- Great in tomato sauce, pizza & casserole
- In a flavor protection pack
- Perfect for all pasta shapes
- Italian specialty
- Mediterranean flavor
- Fresh, spicy taste
- With oregano, paprika, basil and garlic
- Without glutamate
- Without artificial flavourings and additives